Research Assistant (contract)
The Kobayashi-Maskawa Institute for the Origin of Particles and the Universe (KMI) was founded in 2010 in order to solve the fundamental mysteries of elementary particle physics and the universe and to develop a new frontier in physics by the collaboration between theoretical particle physics groups, experimental particle physics groups, cosmology and theoretical astrophysics groups, experimental astrophysics groups, and mathematical physics groups including string theorists. The Kobayashi-Maskawa Institute for the Origin of Particles and the Universe (KMI), Nagoya University seeks full-time, non-tenure-track, research assistant. The successful candidates will engage in research at one of the following Divisions within the Division of Theoretical Studies: Theoretical Particle Physics (Hadron Physics): String Theory and Mathematics: Cosmology and Theoretical Astrophysics.
For further information, please refer to: https://www.kmi.nagoya-u.ac.jp/eng/.
1) Doctoral degree in Physics
2) Excellent research experience in a relevant field
These are fixed-term contracts for three years commencing on the earliest possible date after April 1, 2019. Based on the performance and additional conditions being met, the term may be extended every fiscal year until March 31, 2024.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, based upon institutional policy, which will be approximately five million yen before tax, including the insurance and transportation, etc.
1) Cover letter
2) Full curriculum vitae–please include country of citizenship
3) Summary of research experience
4) List of all publications (specify the main three papers)
5) Research project
6) Indication of the date available to start
7) Three recommendation or reference letters–written within a year of this application–with the referee’s Name, Title, Name of Organization, Length and Relationship with the Applicant, and Contact Details included (note; we may conduct reference checks for candidates)
The pdf files of 1)-6) in Application Requirements should be uploaded via
Academic Jobs Online.
The pdf files of 7) should be also directly uploaded via Academic Jobs Online by the evaluators.
Application documents can be either in English or Japanese.
Shin’ichi Nojiri (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Division of Theoretical Studies
(in English or Japanese Language)
Application deadline: December 25, 2018
+ Nagoya University promotes gender equality in employment, and actively encourages female applicants.